3-DAY CLERGY LEADERSHIP AND ADVOCACY INTENSIVE
Skinner Leadership Institute invites you to enroll in our practical, hands-on 2018 Masters Series for Distinguished Clergy (MSDC).
Time & Location
Oct 10, 2018, 8:00 AM – Oct 12, 2018, 4:00 PM
United Methodist Building, 100 Maryland Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002, USA
About the Event
You or your clergy leaders are invited to participate in a one-of-a-kind Clergy Advocacy and Media Training on October 10-12, 2018, at the United Methodist Building, 100 Maryland Avenue, NE, Washington, DC (across from the U.S. Supreme Court). The goal is to equip clergy as powerful advocates at a critical time in America.
Masters Series for Distinguished Clergy (MSDC), is a 3-day interactive session, hosted by Skinner Leadership Institute, and sponsored by AARP. These capacity building sessions take place at a time when critical issues impacting African Americans, like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, Health Care, and Supplemental Food Assistance (SNAP), are under assault.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR ENROLLMENT: Cost of the program is $500.00 per person (includes meals, materials, and a new Clergy Leaders Advocacy Toolkit). Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis as seats fill up fast for this practical hands-on clergy advocacy training. The deadline for registration and payment is October 1st.
This three-day course will include invaluable teaching on:
- How to shape public policies, mock hearings, and congressional meetings.
- How to shape real-time media messages through a mock press conference.
- How to launch a church-based social media campaign.
- How to impact public policy at the state level (e.g. Medicaid).
- How to practice clergy self-care.
- How to become part of a powerful network of clergy advocates.
- How to lead from the inside/out as a high character difference-maker.
MSDC 2018 CLAI - Registration